I. The relationship "Art – Critic"
Philosophical, historical and topical aspects.
• today’s art critic: a mediator between art and audience – interpreter, moderator or manipulator and legitimate creator of art phenomena?
• art history experience and the role of critic’s personality in contemporary art process.
• new methods and stereotypes in today’s art criticism.
• art criticism and the scientific study of art.
II. The shaping of ideology and professionalism of an art critic.
• the problem of education and accomplishments of a contemporary art critic
• art quality in the mirror of modern criticism.
• specifics of language, terminology, categories and archetypes of contemporary art criticism.
I. Art criticism, and new mass media
• opportunities of New Media as a platform for art criticism.
• independent and biased, opportunistic criticism.
• Internet blogging: independence – interdependence and conflict – interaction.
II. The critic’s role in the present art market processes
• conceptual dictates, criticism provisions and specific artistic phenomenon, the living tissue of art depending on them.
• the critic’s role as a mediator between art and money at the present stage.
• the critic and art market institutions.
• recipient of art criticism. Reader and spectator between the concepts of curators, critics and artists.